Capacity & Capability
Universal Movers LLC is an Interstate Agent for Stevens Worldwide Van Lines. The Stevens van line system is comprised of over 500 agents nationwide and over 115 years of moving and storage industry expertise. Pair that with our van line fleet, which is comprised of over 1,200 long-haul trucks, and that sizable network allows us to give our customers a full-service moving experience without any hassles. Universal’s team is also professionally trained and very experienced. Our crews have in-depth knowledge of what happens during long distance transport, and they pack and load accordingly for safety and to security.
Legal and Insurance Standing
As a Stevens Van Line agent, we pride ourselves on adhering to strict standards of quality services and customer care. We get measured on our service delivery every day! We carry all the appropriate licenses for California moving and warehousing under the name Universal Movers LLC. For long-distance moving, we operate under the Stevens Van Lines U.S. DOT number. We also carry the appropriate insurance and workers compensation policies required of a professional service company.
We are keenly aware of our social responsibilities and are dedicated to making our community better. We recycle paper and cardboard we use, in addition to cans and other recyclables. We also do all we can to keep electronics out of dumps and dispose of hazardous waste (paint/oil/vehicle fluids) responsibly.
Other areas of expertise include:
To better serve our community, we developed expertise in additional service areas:
- Home Staging: If you are selling your home or office, Universal can help you transform your space for your next home staging event. Our crews will help move and/or store your furniture and equipment. We can also assist you in setting up your venue for prospective buyers.
- Warehouse Storage: Our specialized storage services provide an easy-to-use, flexible solution when you are faced with moving schedule challenges, such as your new home not being ready. Either short-term or long-term storage options are available.
- Senior Moving Services: Our “Silver Certification” from Stevens proves we are the only long-distance moving and storage company locally certified to help older adults who may have special needs moving on their own.
Long-Distance Moving Companies-Choosing the Right One
Selecting a moving company can be difficult. You probably have a ton of recommendations from friends and family, and there no shortages of ads both online and off. So, where do you start? Depending on your particular needs, choosing a mover may vary, but here are three key attributes you should look for:
- Red Flags: If the moving company does not have a physical address, watch out. The same applies if they don’t have a website or if the site does not offer a free quote.
- Out-of-State Moves: For moves at a national level, contact the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). This Agency is responsible for giving permits to household goods movers who cross state lines. The FMCSA has an electronic records system that allows you to confirm whether or not a moving company is licensed.
Planning Your Move
After you select a moving company – hopefully Universal Movers LLC – it is time to begin assessing what services you do or don’t require.
First, fill out free the “free quote” form. That way, our move manager can reach out to you as soon as possible to begin developing a comprehensive moving plan.
In-Home or Video Survey
When you receive your quote, our move manager will call you to determine if you prefer an in-home survey or video survey.
While an in-home survey is the traditional method to determine your quote, many customers prefer video survey convenience. The video surveys are not only convenient, but typically take less time. The survey is recorded so the surveyor can go back through the video to make sure the estimate is accurate. Once the proposal is accepted or rejected, the video is deleted from Universals records.
Request Additional Services
Let us know what you need. Hate packing, but have no one else to help? We are right here. Our professional packers properly wrap and secure your items and safely load them onto our truck so you don’t have to. We unpack at your new home, too.
Affordable Long-Distance Movers
For over a decade, Universal Movers LLC has been the long-distance moving company ready to help get you where you need to be.
Don’t be overwhelmed by the details for your next long-distance move. Let us handle it. Our goal at Universal Movers LLC is to ensure your moving experience is as effortless as possible. For more information regarding our other services, or to get started on your long-distance move, call us today at (800) 621-2671 or fill out our free quote form.